A.K.A. where the heck has Casandra been? It’s been over a week since my last post and while I’m anything but consistent anymore, I do feel a little bad for this stretch of time because there’s currently so much I want to share with you all. I’ve been on a lot of adventures and had some great new experiences that have challenged the way I view myself and the world around me. It’s been a time of extreme personal growth and while I may be a little rundown right now, it’s certainly been worth it.
November was a real whirlwind for me and December has shown no signs of slowing down. Rather than let this blog sit quietly while I try to play catch up with my work and social lives, I thought I’d do another coming soon to a blog near you post like I did the last time my schedule got a bit out of hand. And just like last time, I promise I’m not going anywhere.
So what can you expect from me and this place in the upcoming weeks? I won’t make any big promises but here’s what I have in mind:
- Review of the Body Love Ball by Body Confidence Canada
- Insights from working at the 10th Anniversary Chief’s Gala
- A night celebrating women at the Shine Charity Gala
- The laydown on my first trip to New York City
- Toronto Eats: Bannock
- Women in suits
- Toronto Eats: Starving Artist (how haven’t I got to this yet)
- One year in review
- Matt’s Christmas adventure
- What I’ve learned from our Youth Leaders
- Toronto Treats: Desserts from around the city
- Talking to kids about consent, healthy relationships, and cyberviolence
- And hopefully much, much more
I know this short post is a bit of a cheat and isn’t the kind of quality content some of my more loyal readers are waiting on but I just wanted to check in, let you all know what’s going on, and then say see you real soon. I’m so humbled and thankful that I’ve almost made it the year with this blog. Seeing it grow and being able to connect and even reconnect with people through it has been a real pleasure. As exhausting as it can be trying to think up new posts or get things in on schedule, I really believe this place has helped me on my journey of self-discovery and growth. And I’m still learning, so why stop now?
I’ll see you real soon readers, I hope all is well and that life is good. If it’s not, I hope you’re seeking the help you need and finding ways to bring a little light in.