So it’s not my usual posting day but I had to jump in an extra time this week because I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. I figured this nomination would be a good way t I’d like to thank Bobby of Beauty Knows No Flaws for this unexpected nomination, and I sincerely suggest if you’re not following her you go and click that button right now. Her posts always put a smile on my face and make me feel inspired. Not to mention, her make-up looks are goals.
Now about this award…
- Each nominee must THANK the person who nominated them and link their blog in post
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image
- Must add 7 facts about them
- Then nominate 15 people
7 Facts About Me
- My name only has one “S” in it because I was named after Casey, a puppet on the Canadian children’s show Mr. Dressup.
- I can more or less tell you all about a past episode of Criminal Minds after just listening (not even watching) the pre-title scene.
- I am left-handed.
- I am on what feels like my 100th attempt of writing a novel. I’m currently 45,000 words into my first draft (I’m hoping putting this here will motivate me to keep writing).
- I was a drama kid; Lord Farquad in Shrek, Mr. Beauregard in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Merlin in Sword in the Stone were some of my more notable roles…. clearly we were always short male actors.
- I have a hard time picking a favourite movie because I see so many but if pressed I’ll likely say Casablanca because I love Humphrey Bogart but if I dig a little deeper (no this is not going to be a lead in to Princess and the Frog but it should be) it would probably be National Treasure.
- I love all things Harry Potter (I’m a Slytherclaw), especially Fantastic Beasts which combines my love for history with my love for wizardry. What more could a girl ask for?
Now onto my nominations! I chose the following 15 blogs because they are women on their own journeys who have inspired me regularly with their posts. Reading their blogs has encouraged me to keep going and my journey has become easier because of them. I strongly suggest checking them out, they’re funny, honest, and incredibly awesome.
- So Beautifully Broken
- 1 Year vs 100 Pounds
- Fat Bitch
- Erin Does Fit
- Drop Them Lbs
- Discovering Sooz
- Em Gets Fit
- Curvy Bytes
- The Slim-Possible Dream
- Another Coffee, Please
- Fat Chances
- Uphill Always
- Pumpkin Spiced Housewife
- Millenial Mel
- The Losing Half
So that’s the One Lovely Blog Award! I just hit my three month anniversary of starting this thing and this seems like a good way to mark that occasion. I have to say I’ve been really overwhelmed by all the support and love I’ve received so thank you. I’ll be back again tomorrow with my regular post!